Thursday, August 9, 2012

flaxseed meal pancakes (with coconut oil) (from "Ani's raw food kitchen")


I just had my Dad over for breakfast, and he tries to follow the fit for life way of eating (eating fruit without any other foods) but I thought that this meal would digest properly as well seeing that it is just fruit, nuts and seeds! This recipe came from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen, an amazing raw food cookbook that I've been playing around with. These pancakes were really sweet, and filling, especially since we had a green smoothie on the side. My dad said he could have eaten 4 by himself! I was full after one.

Ingredients: To yield 4 pancakes
2 cups flax meal (we used golden flax)
2 tbsp liquid coconut oil
1/2 cup agave or maple syrup (we did a combo)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup filtered water



Mix the flax meal, water, coconut oil and salt in a bowl with your hands. Form 4 balls, then flatten into the pancake shape.
We served them with sliced bananas, blueberries, grapes, mango, walnuts chopped almonds and minimal syrup.
The batter will keep for 3 days in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment