Friday, September 28, 2012

Filling sweet potato breakfast

*modified from Happy Herbivore
*Sorry my pictures don't do this meal justice.
I recently discovered this breakfast, and it is extremely filling and satisfying. I still have my green smoothie in the morning, but to make sure I do proper food combining (best for my belly) I drink the green smoothie at least 30 min before the sweet potato, or leave out the banana from the GS.

Ingredients: to yield 1
1 medium sweet potato
3 tbsp raw almond butter
3 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce (no sugar added)
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
handful of raisins (no added sugar)
 *The measurements are just a guideline.... feel free to add as much as your heart desires
Directions: Pre-heat oven to 350
1)Wash sweet potato (no need to peel)
2) Place sweet potato in casserole dish for 45 min or until fork punctures through easily
3) Meanwhile, mix together almond butter, apple sauce and cinnamon
4)When sweet potato is cooked, slice in fourths
5) Pour mixture over sweet potato and sprinkle on raisins

YUM!!!!!!!! I just had two sweet potatoes because they were so good haha. I think I ate too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment