Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Spiralized Zucchini & Carrots with Cashew/Avocado Sauce, Yum!!! (RAW)

I have been getting in a slump, eating all the same foods day in and day out. So I looked in my cupboard and saw my spiralizer just sitting there waiting to be used. So, instead of exercising this morning (I know..., I was bad), I decided to take the time to figure out a sauce to put on the veggies. I know a lot of raw foodists will concoct sauces made with cashews for a type of alfredo, and this is what I wanted to do. I've tried it in the past and it came out bland, and I wanted to have more zing! So, I had some Umami Japanese plums in my fridge which I usually put these chopped up pieces in my veggie roll ups for salty type taste. Lemon always adds flavor, then I thought of Cayenne for bite! If I say so myself, this came out pretty darn tasty! I only made enough for one, for my lunch today so the following recipe needs to be doubled/tripled for more servings. Hope you enjoy!!!

Ingredients:

1/2 Zucchini, raw, spiralized
1/2 Carrot, raw, spiralized
1/4 Cup Edamame beans
1/4 Cup Snap Peas, cut in 1/2" pieces
1/2 Cup Daikon Radish sprouts (if not available, regular sprouts would work. Daikon sprouts have a definite kick)
Sauce Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Cashews, raw, soaked for 2 hours
1/2 Avocado
1/2 Umami Japanese Plum
1/2 Fresh squeezed lemon (or to taste)
Pinch Cayenne Pepper (or to taste)







Here is the Spiralizer I use. It's OK and works fine.

Simply put veggie on prongs and turn the crank. This model comes with 3 different blades for different widths, but I wish it had an angel hair blade for finer "noodles".






So I put the sauce on the veggies and mixed in.
I added some black pepper at the end. As you can see this is definitely a plateful, but after eating the whole meal, I was satisfied, not overly full. Perfect lunch meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment