Tuesday, October 30, 2012

parsnip fries- thanksgiving surprise!

Hi! 
This recipe is delicious. So easy too. I got it from ohsheglows.com but modified it to have coconut oil, and I cooked it for less time. This would be a great thanksgiving addition. Can you imagine?! Toppling on cranberry sauce? YUM.

Here goes....

ingredients (I just made up how much should be in there...)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 parsnip
1 tbsp almond butter (mine was crunchy!)

directions
preheat oven to 400
1. melt coconut oil
2. pour in bowl with almond butter, mix
3. cut up parsnips into sweet potato fry size
4. cover the parsnips with the almond butter/coconut oil mix (with your hands)
5. place on cookie sheet
5. lick your fingers!
6. place in oven for 25 min or until brown





2 comments:

  1. I will be making these as soon as we're home from Nick's race in Florida… YUM. I bet the AB + coconut oil would be delicious on sweet potatoes, too.

    (Mary sent me your blog last night… so excited to start reading + cooking!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Erin! Sorry... don't know how to check these comments! Did you try them?

      Delete