Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Green Monster Dip (Vegan, Gluten Free)

I wanted a healthy dip for my vegie sticks, and something to put in my collard wraps for flavor. So I found this Green Monster Dip. I just wrote the ingredients on a piece a paper, but didn't write where I saw it. I know that's a no-no, but I still need to share it. Its very healthy and green!!!!


Ingredients:


1 15 oz Can Chickpeas (I made mine from dried peas - soak chickpeas overnight, they will almost double, cook until a little mushy, about 1 hour. Very simple and doesn't come from a can!)

2 Tablespoons Tahini
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Water
1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
4 Cups packed Spinach


Put all ingredients in food processor, mix until all is well combined. My husband says, mix until you have babyfood! I love his analogies!  Serve with sliced carrots and celery. This is going to be my afternoon snack tomorrow. I will post the chard wrap tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment