Sunday, April 1, 2012

wheat berry salad

Hi! It's my mom's birthday today, Happy Birthday mom!! Wish I could be with you.

I made a salad mix with wheat berries. I have never eaten wheat berries... and they are delicious! Before cooking them, rinse them in a strainer.
To cook: 1 cup wheat berries, 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for one hour. Easy peasy!

These are the cooked wheat berries. 


You can really put any veggies in your salad... but I put cabbage, red pepper, cucumber, carrot, garlic, and cilantro. I was going to put some salad dressing in there but it is flavorful enough without.











For added crunch and sweetness I added raw sunflower seeds and crystalized ginger. SOOO good. 
This will be a good salad to bring to school or even eat this evening. It will prob. stay good for 2 days. I will freeze the left over wheat berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment